Wednesday, October 7, 2020

The Consolation of Sunflowers

"The Consolation of Sunflowers"
24"x 36"
acrylic on gallery cradled panel


St Lawrence College is hosting an online virtual art show entitled "Wish You Were Here." I entered this large painting along with 2 mixed media pieces. Voting is requested from the public for your favourite painting(s) and is now open. Here is the link:  https://www.mariannevansilfhoutgallery.ca/ 

Throughout this pandemic nature has become very dear to me. I have been exploring my own backyard as I weather the Covid-19 realities. This has become a place of safety and great solace in the midst of times of isolation. Nature has given me new lenses to view and process this weird season. This painting of sunflowers, indeed, offered great consolation.




 

No comments: