Thursday, January 7, 2021

Isolation Series: Hard News Hunker

"Hard News Hunker"
11x14 mixed media on paper

It is January 2021 and the world news lends to a sensation of living in an altered reality - still! Can it get any more preposterous? My heart is heavy for our US neighbours and for those suffering with government. Covid-19 hangs like a big old snowstorm, keeping us trapped until it blows out. It’s a long-winded maelstrom, to be sure. I look out my window on this brooding winter day and Eyeore’s morose voice pops into my head: “stuck again,” he moans, stating the obvious. Yes, we are stuck - again. Then I remember, in the A.A. Milne story all of Pooh’s friends rally to help free their stuck companion - to a satisfying end. And that leads me to think , wearily but hopefully, we’ll get sorted in the end also. It will take time, cooperation, humility, and hard work, and we’ll be talking about lessons learned for some time to come. 

No comments: