Monday, July 20, 2020

Isolation Series: Bibitte's Joy


"Bibitte's Joy"
11x14 marker and ink on paper

One of my friends owns a beautiful cat, Bibitte, who unknowingly, came to my friend without any claws. This means outside living is done from the confines of a leash. Remarkably, Bibitte does very well on a leash - she has never known the outdoors without it. Sometimes she comes to enjoy the shade of my back garden. In watching Bibitte I observe how much she loves exploring the shady spaces. She chases grasshoppers and jumps at butterflies, and she watches chipmunks and birds with whisker quivering delight. Sitting or lying in the shade is Bibitte’s familiar, contented posture. Confined and constrained she might be, but living in the moment is Bibitte’s joy. One I can relate to.

No comments: