Monday, September 15, 2014

Dear John...

6x6 Acrylic on panel
                                           Available at North End Gallery, Whitehorse, YT.

Dear John...
Summer is waning, I'm sad to say. In spite of a pretty grey and wet season we've been off enjoying new Yukon sights; sharing them with friends and family. (I have stock piled some images for future inspiration.)
 This little painting was created during the Whitehorse Plein Air Festival. The scene is from my day at the Fish Ladder. The sun was blazing hot that day. I wandered a fair bit looking for a suitable subject to paint. I was particularly interested in finding a shady spot in which to paint in comfort. And speaking of comfort, if you are going to spend a day in nature, locating an outdoor biffy is important! During my scouting I happened to discover this little outhouse tucked amidst some shady trees. I couldn't resist!


No comments: